ZAC POSEN FALL / WINTER 2014 COLLECTION
HAIR DESIGN BY ANTONIO CORRAL CALERO FOR MOROCCANOIL®
Inspiration from the Designer:
This look was inspired by the alluring elegance of 1940’s American film star, Veronica Lake.
The Hair Look:
For the highly anticipated Suzanne Rogers presents Zac Posen Fashion Show, the first event Zac Posen runway show in Canada, Antonio Corral Calero for Moroccanoil® mimicked the “peek a boo curl”, Veronica Lake’s signature hairstyle – soft but structured flowing curls. “We wanted to create a hairstyle reminiscent of Old Hollywood with a contemporary twist” said Calero. “This look was the true depiction of timeless feminine elegance.”
How the Look Was Created:
- “I started by prepping dry hair with Moroccanoil Light throughout the mid-lengths of hair followed by Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to keep hair hydrated and improve elasticity.”
- “I saturated the hair with Moroccanoil Root Boost, from roots to ends.”
- Next, I blow-dried the hair using my fingertips to lift pieces and create volume.”
- “I then created a deep left side part using the arch of the eyebrow as a guideline to determine the depth of the part.”
- “Using a 1 ¼ inch curling iron, I set all strands of the hair (on the base of the iron), taking horizontal sections.”
- “Then, spraying each section with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong I curled pieces toward the face, and pinned in place to cool, “brick-laying the sections at the back of the head.”
- “I brushed out the curls to create a softer look using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush moving behind the ears and forming a more defined wave on the heavier side of the hair part.”
- “I finished with a spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to keep strands in place.
Moroccanoil Treatment Light is a remarkable, instantly absorbed argan oil infused formula found in the kits of virtually every major celebrity, runway, and editorial stylist. Exclusively designed to give fine and fair-colored hair a natural-looking silky, lustrous shine and a frizz-free finish, it strengthens, conditions and revitalizes hair while speeding drying time. (MSRP: $43.00 / 100ml)
Moroccanoil Root Boost a styling innovation that provides natural-looking height and lift — without the need for teasing, back-combing or adding any unnecessary stress to the hair. This high-performance, volumizing spray works beautifully for every hair type and texture, including straight, fine, or curly. (MSRP $29.00 / 250ml)
Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream This argan oil-infused formula gives beautifully hydrating and natural looking hold, while eliminating frizz and adding definition and shine. (MSRP $36.80 / 300ml)
Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong is formulated with a combination of highly sophisticated ingredients infused with argan oil. A lightweight, workable hairspray, it provides lasting, healthy and strong hold with reflective shine that fights frizz and humidity. (MSRP: $23.80 / 330ml)
Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush lightweight and durable, and handcrafted with 100% natural boar bristles of the finest quality. Suitable for all hair types, this brush helps to improve the overall condition of the hair, making it softer, more manageable and healthier with a boost of added shine. (MSRP: $72.00)
I breathlessly devoured all press and photos of Zac Posen’s first-ever Canadian fashion show, and absolutely loved the looks, from the gorgeous, glamorous hair designs shown here, to the retro beauty look and of course, the sumptuous gowns that are eponymous with Zac’s brand. What did you think of the look?
All photos Credit George Pimentel at WIREIMAGE/Getty Images.